Apple iPhone 13 launch event is scheduled for September 14. The Apple event, titled California Streaming, will be hosted virtually. Apple is expected to unveil four new iPhone models—iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max.Other expected launches include Apple Watch, iPads, and AirPods 3.
Apple will stream the iPhone 13 launch event on its official events page. Viewers can watch the California Streaming Apple event on their Mac, iPhone, iPad or a Windows PC. The Apple Events website can run on Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and other browsers. Viewers can also watch the Apple event on the Apple TV app.
For the iPhone 13 series, which is likely the name of the new iPhone 2021 models, we can expect minor design changes with more focus on under the hood, like a new Bionic chipset, improved night mode, and some new features. Another product that can be showcased today could be the new-generation AirPods, which has been waiting for a redesign for years now. Finally, the Apple Watch Series 7 is likely to see some major design overhaul focusing on battery life.
What to expect?
iPhone 13 series
• Starting with the design, the iPhone 13 is likely to look a lot similar to the iPhone 12 in terms of design.
• Major changes are expected around the display notch, which is said to be smaller than the one we have seen on the iPhone 12 series and which has been almost identical ever since the iPhone X launch.
• In terms of display, the iPhone 13 series is likely to sport LTPO or short for low-temperature polycrystalline oxide display for variable refresh rate.
• Same as the iPhone 12 series, the iPhone 13 is said to come in four sizes – 5.4-inch screen on the iPhone 13 mini model, 6.1-inch on the regular iPhone 13, another 6.1-inch screen on the iPhone 13 Pro model, and the 6.7-inch iPhone 13 Pro Max.
• Apple is expected to bring some new colour options, like Bronze and Graphite Grey.
• Coming to the cameras, the iPhone 13 series is likely to pack some impressive camera features like ultra-wide-angle lens support, wider aperture for better low-light shots.
• A Bloomberg report claimed that the iPhone 13 Pro model would get high-quality video features, which could be called ProRes, and a new video form of the Portrait mode.
• The biggest change rumoured for the iPhone 13 series is said to be around the camera upgrades, which is said to be consistent across the entire new iPhone models.
• If the biggest iPhone 13 battery leak is correct, you can expect a larger battery inside 2021’s phones. These are expected to be notably larger, with the iPhone 13 expected to offer a 3,095mAh cell compared to the iPhone 12’s 2,805mAh
All these upgrades are currently in beta testing mode at the moment, which will conclude with the launch of the new phones, watches, and maybe tablets. Once they are launched, users can check which older devices are supported and which are not.
Apple watch series 7
• Apple may also launch Watch Series 7 with a smaller "S7" chip, potentially providing more space for a larger battery or other components.
• This new chipset will be built from Taiwanese supplier ASE Technology. On its website, ASE Technology confirmed that its double-sided technology will allow for module miniaturisation.
• The Apple Watch Series 7 will come in various screen sizes from 41mm to 45mm. The 45mm version is said to pack a 1.9-inch screen with a resolution of 396 x 484 pixels.
• According to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, the Watch Series 7 manufacturers are facing production difficulties, so there are chances that users will face a delay in its availability initially.Airpods 3
• Although Apple’s AirPods continue to remain one of the most popular wireless earbuds, they need a new upgrade since their launch back in 2016.
• So, there are chances that Apple might use this September event to give them a significant boost.
• These may support spatial audio and perhaps even noise cancellation. AirPods 3 Pro though will not be launched this year.
iPad mini 6
• A compact iPad mini 6 featuring an 8.4-inch Liquid Retina Display running at 60Hz is supposedly in the works.
• It will measure 206 x 138 x 6.1mm and is said to arrive in a variety of colors like space grey, silver, rose gold, green, and sky blue.
• It will have an Apple A14 chipset that will make it the first iPad mini to offer 5G connectivity.
• Storage options might be 64GB, 128GB and 256GB.
• As a part of the major design changes, the Touch ID fingerprint reader is expected to move from the front bezel to the side slate.
• iPad mini 6 might also support Apple Pencil 3 which is being talked about.